Aloe Vera is a short-stemmed medicinal shrub. It is one of the most used herbal medicines in all weather conditions. Pure aloe vera gel majorly contains components of the aloe vera plant. This gel heals the skin from many minor infections. The majority of aloe vera gel producing countries are from North America. Countries like the United States, Mexico, and the Dominican Republic are the major producers. Many reports say aloe vera’s therapeutic use has been there for ages in countries like China, Japan, India, Greece, Egypt, Mexico, Australia, and Japan.
What to look for in aloe vera gel?
Aloe vera gel is obtained from the insides of its plant’s leaves. All can’t have an aloe vera plant in their house. In this case, many companies produce organic, healthy, and pure aloe vera gel so that all can use it. If you are looking for skin cares go for an aloe vera gel instead of aloe vera extract. This is because the gel along with aloe vera contains other moisturizing elements that will protect and heal your skin.
Benefits of Aloe vera gel –
- Application of aloe vera gel on burning affected areas three times a day helps in the removal of these marks.
- For cuts, if you are using chemical medicines you should go for aloe vera instead of it. The reason behind it is aloe vera gel boosts and fights against any kind of bacteria. If applied three to four times a day it heals wounds quickly and diminishes scars.
- Aloe vera is the best medicine for any kind of skin treatment. It absorbs the oil from the oily skin and makes it suitable for you. It helps in the treatment of dry skin too. You should stop using your chemical-based regular moisturizer with an aloe vera gel for the best results.
- Aloe vera is good medicine for the treatment of herpes virus such as cold sores. If cold sores develop outside your mouth, start applying aloe vera gel to the cold sore twice a day until it disappears.
- Aloe vera contains proteolytic enzymes, which repairs dead skin cells on your scalp. It increases hair growth, prevents scalp itching, reduces dandruff, and soothes your hair. These days you can use aloe vera gel as a conditioner as it protects hair fall and makes it smooth and silky.
Side effects and cautions –
- As per a report by pure aloe vera gel Australia, the Food and Drug Administration does not approve aloe vera products. This means it is up to you to decide whether to use it or not.
- Some people feel an itching or slight burning sensation after applying aloe vera gel. If you feel, such sensitivity consults your doctor.
- Never use aloe vera gel on infected skin as the gel contains microbial properties. This can disrupt the healing process.
Aloe vera has more than 500 species of it. Many scientific studies have found that aloe vera contains many therapeutic properties. It is majorly used as a gel product.